Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 PM

Default MPA Questions

D. writes:

Quote:
(when replacing a manual pot with the MIDI-controlled pot to existing circuitry) can you leave the original pot connected, close it completely and use midi or must the original pot be disconnected?
It depends on the particular circuit. You might have to do some trial-and-error. As an alternative, you should be able to use a DPDT toggle switch to select either the manual pot or MIDI pot.

Quote:
in case of a dual pot, can i connect two (MPA) outputs to this pot and program these 2 (MPA) outputs to react to the same midi controller?
Yes. You could give the exact same configuration to all 4 pots on the MPA, if you'd like.

Quote:
one machine has 1meg and 500k pots, but there are only 10k, 50k and 100k MPA's. No solution? or what would happen if i connect such a pot to a 50k or 100k MPA?
The manufacturer of the digital pot chip on the MPA only offers the values 10k, 50k, and 100k--sorry.

As for substituting a different value into a circuit, this again would depend on the details of the application, and might require some trial-and-error.

Hope this was helpful.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM

Default MPA Firmware

Hello. i bought few years ago MPA decoder. Now I see it has got improvements, looks even slicker. And has new Firmware... is there any way to get that update for mine as well?

Xheight
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Hi Xheight,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheight View Post
Hello. i bought few years ago MPA decoder. Now I see it has got improvements, looks even slicker. And has new Firmware... is there any way to get that update for mine as well?
Unfortunately, the new firmware is for the Rev B MPA and is not compatible with the Rev A boards.

Tags
configuration, mpa, potentiometer, values