Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Default novice question

Hi guys,

I've managed to put the kit together but I've hit something I could do with advice on.

In the instillation notes is states:

Power Wiring
The UMR must be wired to the CS01 as shown in the diagram below. The zener diode 1N4734A and the 220Ω resistor are included with the kit.

Does anyone have a pic of this so I have something to compare with? I don't want to muck this up at the last point!

Cheers,

Col
Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM

Hi Col,

Please let me know if there a particular aspect of the diagram that is confusing for you--I'd be glad to clarify.

I don't have a good photo of this, but actually, it's much less error-prone to work from a schematic.

The easiest approach is to mount the zener diode on the UMR power terminals, then attach the resistor and power wires to the leads of the diode. Does that make sense?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hi Col,

Please let me know if there a particular aspect of the diagram that is confusing for you--I'd be glad to clarify.

I don't have a good photo of this, but actually, it's much less error-prone to work from a schematic.

The easiest approach is to mount the zener diode on the UMR power terminals, then attach the resistor and power wires to the leads of the diode. Does that make sense?
It does indeed, and answers my question in one swoop. I thought that was what I had to do (admittedly it was the only way I could see to fit them) but just needed it confirmed.

Cheers John..

Col