SKM Version 2: Assembly Notes
- This kit contains some ESD-sensitive parts. Please take reasonable static-control precautions when assembling the kit.
The location of each part is clearly marked on the SKM circuit board.
All components are mounted on the side of the board with the white legend. Components can be mounted in any order, but it is easier to mount the smallest components first.
- C3: This part is not required.
- D1-D9: Dark band on diode must match the white band on the circuit board legend.
- IC1: Mount socket on the circuit board first, then insert IC into socket. Notched end must match notch in the circuit board legend.
- IC2: Mount socket on the circuit board first, then insert IC into socket. End marked with dot must match notch in the circuit board legend.
- R1: 220Ω resistor, marked with the following color bands: red, red, brown, gold.
- R2: 10kΩ resistor, marked with the following color bands: brown, black, orange, gold.
- SW1: With the circuit board oriented as in the photo above, switch 1 should be on the left.