Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed

Go Back   Highly Liquid Forum > Current Products > MIDI CPU

Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM

Default Help!!!

Hooked up my MIDI CPU - I had no results with a cheap Chinese MIDI-USB adapter of the kind that someone in forum actually reported success with, so I sprung for a M_AUDIO UNO. Sqwerl loopback test gives me SYSEX TIMEOUT message. (see attached screenshot) I used a piece of wire to short an input terminal to ground, and the LED responds, so it would seem that the CPU controller works. Sqwerl acknowledges the input and outputs of the M_AUDIO UNO.
SO... is there anything I can do? Is the M_AUDIO UNO alright? If the CPU is at default values, can I jumper it to output on MIDI channel s for my Crumar Mojo Organ, and wire my 13 bass note pedals to it, tho' the MIDI CPU output is supposed to start at middle C, so that is probably not good, and I still have to program the CPU with SYSEX commands.
At this stage I'm at a loss for what to do...
Any hints or directions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ron
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM

Default some progress!

I found this post -http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=1075
and was able to get a dump back from the MIDI CPU using Bome's SendSYSEX. Seems like jsloat has gone the same path a I'm attempting now. So now I know that the UNO is communicating... next step will be to try to program... YAY ... there's a light from the end of the tunnel.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 PM

Default Use Bome's SendSX, not Sqwerl

1. On my fresh-from-factory firmware 1.2a midicpu, Sqwerl's loopback test (as recommended in "New User Orientation and Basic Troubleshooting" http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=267 ) still fails with that timeout error. However, Bome's SendSX sent it a configuration sysex which worked fine. Can that sticky thread be revised to not recommend Sqwerl?

2. For a while, I missed the difference between a plain old config sysex and a firmware sysex. Only the latter requires grounding CAL L before power up, as described in section 8.1 of the firmware manual.

3. Two more votes, from me and a friend, to use http://support.codeandcopper.com/txt-to-syx/ . It just makes things work.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Just to conclude - I never got the Sqwerl program to respond to my M Audio Uno Midisport MIDI-USB interface, however Bome's SendSX did the work perfectly with it and transferred all the Sysex commands faithfully to the MIDI controller. At any rate my project works and I am glad to have all this behind me. Cheers.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 PM

Hi Camille and Ron,

Thank you very much for posting your results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille View Post
1. On my fresh-from-factory firmware 1.2a midicpu, Sqwerl's loopback test (as recommended in "New User Orientation and Basic Troubleshooting" http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=267 ) still fails with that timeout error. However, Bome's SendSX sent it a configuration sysex which worked fine. Can that sticky thread be revised to not recommend Sqwerl?
Good idea. I have removed the reference to Sqwerl from the MIDI CPU sysex how-to. Sqwerl is really only intended for use with the MSA, anyhow. The same loopback test can be performed with SendSX.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Hi Slateboy - thanks for this - good work

Tags
hex, howto, midi cpu, sysex