Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 01-16-2015, 05:41 AM

Default Roland TR66 midi clock?

I have a Roland Rhythm Arranger (TR66) and would like to modify it so I can play its patterns in sync. Is there a product that can be used for this job? I have been advised from synth service guy that it would be extremely hard because of negative polarities stuff, which I have no idea about. Anyway, is it too much trouble to be worthwhile. I was advised to look out for a CR8000, but I do prefer the sound of the TR66.
Any advice?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by computron View Post
I have a Roland Rhythm Arranger (TR66) and would like to modify it so I can play its patterns in sync. Is there a product that can be used for this job? I have been advised from synth service guy that it would be extremely hard because of negative polarities stuff, which I have no idea about. Anyway, is it too much trouble to be worthwhile. I was advised to look out for a CR8000, but I do prefer the sound of the TR66.
Any advice?
Hi computron, welcome to the forum. I really don't know much about those machines. "too much trouble" is pretty subjective, but if you are willing to put in some time, anything is probably possible.

The MIDIWidget can output a sync signal from a MIDI clock:

http://midiwidget.com

However, it will be up to you to figure out how to connect it to a drum machine.