Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Default I put a CS01 midi kit together...

And I am pretty darn happy. I have never put together a synthesizer kit before so I did not really know what to expect. But everything came well packaged and the PCB is really nice. Here is a video of me assembling the kit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgh4-W9JtCs

It took me about an hour and a half to strip wires and solder everything together. Everything worked the first time I turned it on. I plugged a microkorg in first because it was handy. Then I plugged in an Akai MX73 midi controller, and then an M-audio midi controller and to my delight I could play every note the CS01 would generate with out having change the wave length selector. My only issue with the extended note range is that once I go past the CS01 key range the high note priority on the midi board goes a little glitchy. There is no problem if I play one note at a time but If I hold down a note and then play another above it I get kind of random note outputs.

For the money this was a great value add to my CS01!

Nate
owyheesound
Boise, Idaho
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM

Nate, thanks for posting the video. I have posted a blog entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel_scott View Post
...to my delight I could play every note the CS01 would generate with out having change the wave length selector. My only issue with the extended note range is that once I go past the CS01 key range the high note priority on the midi board goes a little glitchy. There is no problem if I play one note at a time but If I hold down a note and then play another above it I get kind of random note outputs.
Yes. The reason for this is that the MIDI board accesses the higher notes (above the range of the CS01 keyboard) by temporarily "tricking the CS01 into thinking" that the wavelength selector switch has been changed. The limitation of the approach is that the MIDI board doesn't know where to move the wavelength switch when multiple notes are played and released.

As you have said, as long as notes are played one-at-a-time, or within the natural 32-note range, there is no problem.