Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 05-26-2015, 02:25 PM

Default Yamaha cs70m umr2

I am trying to decide is it possible or not to make umr2 adaptation for yamaha cs70m synthesizer. It has also matrix keyboard, but according to its service instructions i am not shure that it is just common matrix keyboard engine with select and data lines. I include schematics of its keyboard matrix and info about keyboard scanning realization from service manual. I need advice about possible or not to make umr2 adaptation for cs70m. When i try to look with scope to select lines, i cant see any solid signals, i can see only some tiny impulses.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Yamaha CS-70M Servicing Guide 2 of 2 ( 11 x 17 - Double Sided ).PDF (234.7 KB, 502 views)
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 PM

Hi Kosopet,

This looks similar to the switch matrix on the CS40m in your other thread.

Active-high select on KB0..KB09, and data on N1..N7. I'm not quite sure what the voltage levels are, however.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:06 PM

In the attached pdf there is short description of keyboard scanning circuitry. Is that info consistent with common keyboard matrix engine, desribed on this forum?
Old 06-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosopet View Post
In the attached pdf there is short description of keyboard scanning circuitry. Is that info consistent with common keyboard matrix engine, desribed on this forum?
Yes, it is a typical keyboard switch matrix.

The part that might be confusing are the buffer ICs on both sides (select and data).

Assuming the voltage levels are acceptable, the UMR2 would be connected directly to the switch matrix as usual.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Ok, the only thing which worry me is that the scope picture looks very differend from cs40m. I'll make scope photos of select and data lines soon.