Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 06-20-2016, 10:51 AM

Default Programming Application?

During a brief misunderstanding, I thought the Midi Widget might be what I need when I needed a Midi CPU. As I was looking into the possibility, I downloaded the Midi Widget utility.

Now, apparently I misunderstood the product (I guess it takes in MIDI and outputs other things). BUT I was pleasantly surprised to see that the utility made perfect sense to me.

Would it be possible to get a similar utility to program the Midi CPU? It would be really nice for those of us who understand MIDI but do not understand programming or Sysex very well.

It would be wonderful to just choose what MIDI output should happen when one of the numbered circuitboard controls is activated. And I imagine it would save our (very generous) forum moderators a fair amount of time answering the more basic questions.

Is there any chance that something like that could happen? I don't know how much work it would be. Maybe another Kickstarter would help if needed.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:30 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe the reason there is not an app for the MIDI CPU is the possibility of a switch matrix. I cannot think of a way that a switch matrix could be easily programmed via a similar UI to MIDI widget.

Just take decent notes, and ask plenty of questions here.