Default Monophonic MIDI output

Please see my feature request in my last post of this thread:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showpo...7&postcount=10
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackemoff View Post
Please see my feature request in my last post of this thread:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showpo...7&postcount=10
I have recorded this as a request for "switch matrix select" control terminal modes with monophonic note output, perhaps with selectable high- or low-note priority.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I have recorded this as a request for "switch matrix select" control terminal modes with monophonic note output, perhaps with selectable high- or low-note priority.
Excellent! But it has to be at least two different priorities ("low/high", or "first/last") to solve my problems.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 AM

Matrixed switches can change matrixed LED output states? Don't know if this one got in but it could be really helpful to get the maximum switches and LED's on the board
Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Hi John, just checking in to see if you have had any more thoughts on the indirect adressing idea?

Busy building a couple of effects pedals at the moment and hope to get back to my foot controller in the next couple of weeks. If the indirect addressing thing is not really going to be easy to implement like I say its no big problem, just thought I would check before I start drilling lots of holes
Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
Matrixed switches can change matrixed LED output states? Don't know if this one got in but it could be really helpful to get the maximum switches and LED's on the board
Would this idea do what you needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I think there should be some new data registers that store the most recent program number generated by a matrixed switch. This would provide a simple mechanism to control indicator LED states using matrixed swtiches. Perhaps there could be additional data registers for the last CC message (CC # and value).
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
Hi John, just checking in to see if you have had any more thoughts on the indirect adressing idea?

Busy building a couple of effects pedals at the moment and hope to get back to my foot controller in the next couple of weeks. If the indirect addressing thing is not really going to be easy to implement like I say its no big problem, just thought I would check before I start drilling lots of holes
Yes, I'm thinking that register 29h will be used exclusively for indirect addressing. I see if I can get another update posted soon.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:05 PM

Cool, I will hold off on the drilling
Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 PM

I will be revisiting the idea of having the MIDI CPU respond to incoming MIDI messages. If it happens, it will be very rudimentary, like a new register that contains the "most recent program # received" at the MIDI CPU MIDI In.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM

John, the idea of the midi cpu responding to some midi input messages would be perfect for my modified project.

If I could send a cc (or pc) from my DAW to the midi cpu, and have the midi cpu remember this message in a register (which I can then display on a set of 7 segment leds) and at the same time pass it on to an MSA to change the programme, then that would be perfect (and answers the question I think I just asked in my midi cpu project thread.)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM

1) inversing of analog inputs. Which means GND is 127 and Vreg is 0;
2) response curve of analog inputs;
3) different ADC threshold for different CT;

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 PM

Hi John, do you have any news on the firmware update? Still very interested in the indirect addressing and the midi cpu responding to basic midi in messages

Tim
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Hi John,
I am very new to this so maybe I'm off base. But I understand that MIDI CPU does not pass SYSEX. You have many options that allow dynamic changes through SYSEX and most of my future application require chains of MIDI CPUs and MD24. How about a global option to pass at least certain SYSEX messages?
Jim U
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM

Default 1.4 beta 4 posted.

The latest update, 1.4 beta 4 is now available, along with a new version of the manual:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=935

You will save yourself some headaches if you reset the MIDI CPU data register config immediately after upgrading. Here is a sysex message to accomplish this. (This is also described in step #10 of the upgrade procedure in the new firmware user manual.)

http://support.codeandcopper.com/hl/...onfig-Init.syx

In this update:
  • Indirect addressing of MIDI CPU data registers. This is explained in section 2.2.5 of the 1.4 firmware user manual.
  • Added registers 21h-25h that allow an LED matrix to show information in response to input from matrixed switches (or any other input type). See section 2.2.3 of the 1.4 firmware user manaul.

Last edited by John; 07-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Default indirect addressing

Hi John, and thank you for the IA update, I have read the updated manual and just wanted to check I have understood things correctly

So my sceranio, I have three data registers (11h,12h,13h) that contain cc numbers that I will use to in response to three analogue control terminals (from expression pedals)

I will set up a control terminal to cycle the value in IA register 29h (the pointer register) so min will be 11h max will be 13h. (so that I can update any one of the cc registers individually)

When I want to increment/set the value in the pointed to register, am I correct in assuming that to do this I would write the required value into register 2Ah (the access register) and that this value will ALSO map across to the register that is pointed to?

What I also need to try and do is monitor or visualise what is going on.

To do this I have a one digit 7 segment led which I use to display the hex value in register 29h (this tells me which cc# register I am currently looking at)

I then have a two digit 7 segment display set up which are intended to display the value contained in the cc# register I am pointing to with the pointer register. So in theory I would like these two segments to display the decimal value in the 1s and 10s columns of the access register 2Ah.

So ideally, when I change the value in the pointer register 29h, it would be perfect if the value in the pointed to register automatically was read into the data access register 2Ah, is this what happens? Similarly when I write a value into 2Ah and it is automatically copied into the pointed to register it would be ideal if that same value was also retained in 2Ah (such that it continues to update my display with the correct value.)

I hope this question makes sense, if not I will try and clarify. I think I can see how the update will work perfectly to allow my to set values, I just wanted to check it would simultaneously allow me to read or monitor values indirectly?

Tim
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Hi again John, sorry to bombard you with questions!

I was thinking around the earlier post and thinking ahead just in case the data access register does not work in the way I was describing.

I was wondering what would happen in this scenario:

If I have the value 12h in the data pointer register, and then I try to do the following would that work:

To read the value in the pointed to register into a buffer register could I perform a Logic Input Trigger: Data Register: Copy Value, where the from register is the data access register and the to register is my buffer register?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 PM

Hi Tim,

I've copied your posts to a new thread:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=1090

Let's continue the conversation there. I'll post my response shortly.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Hi John, no problem. Thanks

Tim
Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim U View Post
Hi John,
I am very new to this so maybe I'm off base. But I understand that MIDI CPU does not pass SYSEX. You have many options that allow dynamic changes through SYSEX and most of my future application require chains of MIDI CPUs and MD24. How about a global option to pass at least certain SYSEX messages?
Jim U
Hi Jim,

I think this is a reasonable feature request, but it might be tricky to implement. If you are interested in addressing a specific MIDI CPU unit in a chain, it gets problematic, since the MIDI CPU does not have a DIP switch to conveniently set the device ID. (As is already implemented in the MSA product.) So how would any given MIDI CPU "know" whether to accept or ignore a configuration message? (Passing a config message for a different product like the MD24 is easier to handle.)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Another feature that would be nice:

- Allowing more global configuration parameters (like remapping flags) to reside in a register, so that they can be altered during run-time. (Application example: http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=923 )