Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 AM

Default Preset Output

Hello, I am building something similar to the ipatch. The one question I have is this: I would like to put a 24 segment LED on the front panel to display the current preset. How can I output the current preset from the MSA-R?

BTW, this is my first MIDI self build. I've been using MIDI devices for years, and understand how to use MIDI, but I'm new to the build world. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetizzle View Post
Hello, I am building something similar to the ipatch. The one question I have is this: I would like to put a 24 segment LED on the front panel to display the current preset. How can I output the current preset from the MSA-R?

BTW, this is my first MIDI self build. I've been using MIDI devices for years, and understand how to use MIDI, but I'm new to the build world. Thanks in advance!
Hi Leetizzle, welcome to the forum.

The MSA itself does not have the capability to control a numerical display. What are you using to send MIDI messages to the MSA?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 AM

Default Led

John,

Thanks for the reply! I am using an UNO FCB1010. I'm considering using a MIDI CPU in parallel with the MSA-R to view the selected patch. How hard would it be to program the CPU to output Alpha characters as well? (ie naming a patch) If I use a large enough LED grid. Patch number will make me more than happy, but naming presets would be awesome too.

Sorry for the long post, but I've got one more question: Are you any good with power supplies? I've designed one for the device I'm building but I need someone to provide some objective feedback before I start building. Let me know if you have time/are willing/know someone else etc etc. that I can vett my design through.

I love your website btw. I have been looking to build some custom gear for a LONG time, and just stumbled upon highlyliquid in a google search. CAE/Voodoo/Axess all have great products, that are super expensive, with limited expandability.

IMO, gear is kindof like shoes: wearing someone else's "broken in" shoes will never quite fit. You have to break them in yourself to make them comfortable...and sometimes you keep those comfy shoes forever. (even when they start to look raggety....see my keeley sd-1 lol)

Thanks!

Sean
Old 09-12-2013, 02:43 AM

Default Hello?

Just wondering if anyone is reading this....
Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetizzle View Post
Just wondering if anyone is reading this....
Hi Sean,

You are welcome to post your power supply design for comment, although I personally might not be able to provide much input. There are some electronics forums out there with more activity and a broader scope--you might have better luck at one of those.

Tags
led