Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 06-16-2015, 09:25 PM

Unhappy Guitar Rig 4 Foot Controller

Hello everyone on the highly liquid forums. I am quite new to this. I have gotten into computer based guitar rigs. I have found controllers on the internet but none spiked my interest. The closest I came to doing what I need it to do was the Behringer FCB1010. Still not quite what I really want. I just want something sort of universal but mainly for Guitar Rig 4. I found midi cpu because I was looking for DIY midi foot controllers. I have read most the forums and manuals. I have an idea but I still can not fully get a grasp on it. What I want is a controller with two rows of stomp box style switches with six in each row. For each switch I would like a corresponding LED. I would also like one expression pedal for plug into a jack on the back. I will upload drawings of what I want the face of it to be. I would really apreciate any help or coments on this project. I just need someone to give me some steps to follow to build this thing and wire it properly. Thanks All!
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2015, 08:14 AM

Hi.

I didn't post for a pretty long time, just because my project is finished.
Some months ago, I built a controller for my own needs.

It is about the same purposes as you, and I suppose that the final project document I have written could help you.
Code and pictures are included.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2cbcv8ji...6oKASb2Ra?dl=0

Basically, my controller send Preset change (PC #), Control change (CC #) and switch on/off FX.
Led are affected to switches.
I use the "layer Feature", which means that almost all switches can have 4 funtions instead of one depending on the layer.
You probably don't need that.

In your case :
Prev / next => bank change ; Vol+ / Vol - in my project . Layer 1 preset
Tuner => Tuner
P1, P2, P3 => Preset change (I have P1 to P8 in my layer 1

Read the document, and I think you could built your own one.
It is very important that you understand by yourself. It takes time but it is not "impossible", and it will be very useful if you want to adapt your project in the future.

Hope it could help you.

(The thread on the forum is here, just in case)
http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=1279

Last edited by diy692; 06-18-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:09 PM

I think it should be pretty easy, especially seeing how Guitar Rig has a midi learn function. That way you can just wire up your board, configure each switch to send a different CC message, then use the GR Learn function to assign each switch to an effect, tap, patch change, etc.

I just finished my basic foot controller, and it probably has a lot of the functionality you're looking for. Check it out at:
http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=1393

Cheers,

Tom
Old 06-21-2015, 04:29 PM

Thanks to both of you. I have taken your ideas and tried to develop my own. I have developed a schematic based on the functioanality that I need. Refering to the drawings I made I hope this works. Please let me know. You guys are great. Thanks again!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2015, 10:49 PM

I'm sorry but it has been a while and no one has replied to my last post. I need to get started on my project and I want to be sure I'm doing everything correct. Thank you. 😊
Old 06-30-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertsephire View Post
I'm sorry but it has been a while and no one has replied to my last post. I need to get started on my project and I want to be sure I'm doing everything correct. Thank you. ��
Hi Bertsephire,

Your latest diagram looks good to me. Here are the steps I recommend that you take to implement everything:

1. Complete the new user orientation here:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=267

That will help ensure that you have the basic stuff working OK (power, MIDI and basic switch wiring) before continuing with something more complex.

2. Just get the switches working for your project. (If you can post a list of MIDI CPU input terminals and your function for each, I can help.)

3. Do the same for the potentiometer.

4. After everything else is working OK, add the LEDs and let's discuss the MIDI CPU config to make them work.