Project: Controller UP/DOWN & ENTER with led
Alright, my new project "should" be simple... what i want:
- up button
- down button
- enter button
- cancel button
- 3 digit - 7 segment led display
way to work:
- the system will send Program Change # (PC#)
- on system power up, it's on the last PC# or PC#000 (dont really care)
- up or down button change the PC# ,led display is flashing the new number, but the new PC# is not send yet.
- if press CANCEL button, the system goes back to the previous PC# and stop flashing.
- if instead, ENTER is press, system send the new PC# and stop flashing.
shouldn't be difficult...
BUT , can it be done with the MIDI CPU ?
Thank's for the answer , and if some people can start to guide me....
The "flashing" of the LEDs can't easily be implemented (you'd need to implement the flashing with separate hardware).
What about a separate "not sent" LED that indicates that the PC # has been changed but not yet sent? That would be much easier.
The general approach:
Use one MIDI CPU data register for the PC "new value" to be sent. Use a second register for the PC "set value" that was previously set.
Set up to display only the number in the "new value" register.
Layer 0: increment/decrement the "new value" register
Layer 1: set the "not sent" LED
Layer 0: send PC using value from "new value" register
Layer 1: copy value from "new value" register to "set value" register
Layer 2: clear the "not sent" LED
Layer 0: copy value from "set value" register to "new value" register
Layer 1: clear the "not sent" LED
Last edited by John; 07-23-2015 at 11:11 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|