Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Default Fire spitting aerial Lotus

Well when I first backed the campaign, I said I would use the Widget for a gas powered fire installation and John demanded a video. So here it is, our Gas powered aerial fire Lotus in action during our last big show (usage starts around 1:00 min mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e698...Nx2TDxBNsp5gRP

The ring has the midiWidget hidden behind the top tip from where I drive 8 relays controlling 8 12v solenoids that control the 8 fire blasts on the left and right side petals. It's pretty much exactly the circuit from the forum post about the power relay wiring diagram, with the only exception, that my relays only draw 30ma when activated, so I could draw all power directly from the midi widget and didn't need an extra battery as in the diagram.

Midi is transmitted wirelessly to the midiWidget using the PandaMidi wireless midi transmitter.

Midi notes are supplied from apple logic, together with the soundtrack, to keep everything in sync

If you want to know more about my performance troupe, you can find out more on www.starlightalchemy.com or on https://www.facebook.com/StarlightAlchemy

Thanks John for making this awesome piece of electronics and solving my controller problem before I even knew I had one :-P
Old 09-01-2015, 02:36 PM

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Wow!! Awesome work!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:02 PM

Jeeezuz H - This completely and radically changes the design I have for my guitar pedalboard!!!

Excellent work! I know a load of jugglers and trapeze artists in London so I might have to forward the YouTube link and see what we can develop
Old 09-07-2015, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the compliments, Aurael, if you ever really try to do something like this, be aware that it usually entails a ton of certifications needed to ever put it in an actual show. We paid something around 1000USD only for certifications and having someone on site looking at our gas installation setup. building the whole thing ate up about 5-6 grand of our show budget just for materials and manufacturing the steel construction