Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 PM

Default Triggering Casio MT-100 Drums

A. writes:

Quote:
I have an old Casio MT100. I would like to trigger the individual drums with one of your devices but am unsure which one would be best for my application.
I'm not too familiar with the MT-100. Is it possible to trigger the individual drums during normal operation? There is not necessarily a product that will trigger them "out of the box" without doing some reverse engineering of the keyboard.

Of course, the keyboard keys could be triggered using the UMR2 kit. And if the drum sounds were available on the keyboard matrix (maybe only as an easter egg), maybe the UMR could trigger them. But I don't think that's likely.

Anyway, if there's a way to trigger the drum sounds using a 5V trigger, then the MD24 kit could work. But I'm not sure where the connections would have to be made...
Old 04-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Default Triggering drums on MT-100

I have found the trigger points as well as traces that need to be cut. However the noise for the snares and hihats are from the chip that originally triggered the drums. So if the pattern isn't playing in the chip, the hihats don't work, and the snare drum sounds like a tom. I'm still working that part out, but I've been able to trigger the drums individually with my TR-606 as well as the gate from my SQ-1, and even the 'Sync' signal from newer Korg stuff. I can post pictures 'n' stuff if anybody's interested.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor.E View Post
I have found the trigger points as well as traces that need to be cut. However the noise for the snares and hihats are from the chip that originally triggered the drums. So if the pattern isn't playing in the chip, the hihats don't work, and the snare drum sounds like a tom. I'm still working that part out, but I've been able to trigger the drums individually with my TR-606 as well as the gate from my SQ-1, and even the 'Sync' signal from newer Korg stuff. I can post pictures 'n' stuff if anybody's interested.
Hi Doktor E., welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting your results. Feel free to post your photos as attachments. This will help to preserve the images for future readers.

Tags
casio, drums, midi, mt-100, trigger