Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed

Go Back   Highly Liquid Forum > Discontinued Products > MIDI2600

Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 PM

Default Identifying Audio Tip Output on Board Rev 14

Hey gang! I have an Atari 2600A console that has board REV 14 and I'm trying to figure out where the tip connection would be for the audio out. This particular board revision is drastically different than the ones shown in the documentation so I'm a bit lost. Kinda new to working with electronics so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!
-Ken
Old 12-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Hi Ken,

The best thing to do is just some trial-and-error by "listening" to different points on the 2600 circuit board.

So, put in a cartridge that generates some sound that you're familiar with...so that you know what you're listening for.

If you're using an audio mixer, make sure to turn the gain way down on the input that you're using.

Then, connect the input sleeve to the 2600 ground, and use an alligator clip (or whatever) to temporarily connect the tip to different component leads.

The audio signal can probably be found near the RF modulator, which probably has a separate little metal box around it.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by John; 12-21-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:41 AM

John thanks so much for your post. After sitting down and looking at it again I realized that I probably need take off the metal housing around the cartridge loader to see the rest of the board!!! Duh, huge head slap on my part!!!!! Found the resistor no problem and got he audio jack wired up.
Thanks again and sorry for the brain fart!!!!