Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Question Firmware Updating

Hi,
I've just received my MPA-P board and after wiring did a small test configuration of just two outputs using Sqwerl which worked fine. After adding in a third output to the configuration it started playing up.
The selected output LED would either stay on for only a few seconds or just flash briefly. I tried many different configurations both individual and preset with similar results. After some time the activity LED would seem to just flash on/off quite often on power up or as soon as any MIDI communication was attempted so I tried a firmware update which actually made things worse as the act. LED now seemed to constantly flash and I was unable to make any further communication with the board.
I changed the battery I was using to a fresh one (the first was fresh last night but was reading a little low) and was able to successfully flash the firmware using SendSX using the firmware file published on your site, but a configuration retrieval returns F0 7E 7F 06 02 00 01 5D 00 00 00 05 00 01 01 F7 which implies it's at version 3.0 instead of 3.1. Sqwerl also bombs out when trying a scan but also shows version 3.0.
Hoping you can help,
Jeff
Old 11-23-2011, 07:44 PM

Default Update

I tried just setting the default Sqwerl preset configuration without doing a scan first and this now seems like it may have fixed it.
A SendSX configuration retrieval now shows F0 7E 7F 06 02 00 01 5D 00 00 00 05 00 01 01 01 F7 which now seems to have an extra "01" before the footer F7. (I copied and pasted the result from the output screen twice previously so it wasn't a typo) Perhaps this is why Sqwerl was bombing out. It will now scan correctly and shows v3.1.
BTW, I've realised that I was misreading the firmware PDF and SendSx was reading as c3.1; I think the Sqwerl output was making the connection in my brain

cheers,

Jeff