Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed

Go Back   Highly Liquid Forum > Discontinued Products > MD24

Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 AM

Default MD24 servos and "note on" at the same time

I've got my MD24 together and functioning.

Question 1:
Can the MD24 supply "note on" on some outputs and supply PWM to some RC servos on other outputs at the same time or on the same setting?
------------------------------------------------------------

I want to run the card from Protools which is an audio and Midi Sequencer. I have no problem getting the software to turn the outputs on the MD24 on and off.
Question 2:
Can I use the data from a recorded pitchwheel or mod wheel to supply pwm from the recorded track? My program records the movement on a separate track. If not how can I get PWM from my DAW to the MD24?
Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 02:40 PM

Hi Byron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredbyron View Post
I've got my MD24 together and functioning.

Question 1:
Can the MD24 supply "note on" on some outputs and supply PWM to some RC servos on other outputs at the same time or on the same setting?
Yes. Each output is completely independent. You configure the MD24 outputs by sending a sysex message. This is explained in the firmware user manual, linked on the MD24 product page.

This thread describes the process of configuring the MD24:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=223

Quote:
Question 2:
Can I use the data from a recorded pitchwheel or mod wheel to supply pwm from the recorded track? My program records the movement on a separate track. If not how can I get PWM from my DAW to the MD24?
Thanks
"Playing back" the recorded pitch wheel or mod wheel movements will work fine. Just make sure the MIDI channel for the wheel messages match the MIDI channel for the MD24 output that should respond.

I hope I understood your questions and that this was helpful. I'd be glad to continue to discuss your application.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll check the links mentioned. That's a great help!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 AM

Thanks again for your help I have the logic outputs working and Ive been changing servo travel and channels. Absolutely amazing boards. I'm using Midiox for the first time. terrific software it will help me on other midi problems. It took me awhile to realize that the sysex message is used to configure the board. One message to configure the particular output for being controlled by the pitchwheel in my case and another sysex message to set the range of travel. cheers!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredbyron View Post
Thanks again for your help I have the logic outputs working and Ive been changing servo travel and channels. Absolutely amazing boards. I'm using Midiox for the first time. terrific software it will help me on other midi problems. It took me awhile to realize that the sysex message is used to configure the board. One message to configure the particular output for being controlled by the pitchwheel in my case and another sysex message to set the range of travel. cheers!
Great to hear. I hope you'll post a youtube video of your project. I'm curious to see it...