Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 PM

Question Midifying dr.110 - msa-p noob question

Hello Folks! I've just recently bought the MSA-P board with the intention of triggering the sounds on the DR.110. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to DIY electronics, I've done a bit of circuit bending but that's about it, so excuse my lack of knowledge!

My question is, if I want to power the MSA-P with a source from the DR.110 where would the best/safest point be? I've had a poke around with the multi-meter and the nearest I can get to the 5v required for the MSA-P is 5.43v. Would the 5.43v be O.K to power the board or does it have to be exactly 5v?

Thanks in advance for any one who replies
Old 03-21-2012, 03:34 AM

All of the boards recommend using a 9V power supply as the input power to the boards. They have on board voltage regulators to provide a stable 5V to the CPU. The main reason for 9V is to allow the use of cheap wall warts that have poor voltage regulation -- the fine regulation is done right on the boards.

Therefore to answer your question -- if you have a very stable 5.43 volts, then it should work. The on-board regulator will take this down to the 5V required.

Last edited by Jim McDougall; 03-21-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: spelling