Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 AM

Default MSA-R (rev. K) with Pod HD pro

Hi everyone!
Im a MSA-R newb and would be ever so grateful if anyone can help.

So here it goes:

In order to use my Line 6 Pod HD pro effects processors controller board (line 6 FVB) to switch channels on my guitar amp I purchased the MSA-R to do the job. So far I haven't been able to get it working.

Here is a list of what Ive done so far:
-- Ive ensured MIDI cable coming from POD HD MIDI output is correctly connected to the MIDI in of the MSA-R.
-- ensured MIDI cable wires have continuity ( good unbroken cable)
-- Read the user manual
-- Used correct power supply and tested MSA-R (it powers up and functions)
-- Held PRGM switch closed while turning MSA-R on (led blinks slowly and continuously... I believe this is "learn mode")
-- Lastly I sent MIDI codes from POD HD pro to the MSA-R and none of the relay output states change and the MSA-R doesnt appear to respond to the codes at all.
-- I also tested the POD HD pro with another MIDI friendly guitar effects pedal and when I sent MIDI codes from the POD HD to this pedal, the guitar effects pedal responded (changed settings) to the HD pro MIDI codes.

I'm new to this MSA-R MIDI enconder and I'm just wondering if I am missing something simple here or if this device won't read the HD pros MIDI codes

Maybe I'm not using the "learn mode" correctly?

If someone could give me a tip that will help me get this device to accept the POD HD midi codes I would greatly appreciate every bit of help.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 AM

I got it working!!! All I did was flip the two midi wires and it started responding to the MIDI output of my POD HD pro.

Thanks anyways !

Rob
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Hi Rob,

I'm glad to hear that you got things working. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any issues later on.