Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
Old 10-09-2014, 11:37 AM

Default Project for live and production music

Hello everyone.

I will surely in a few months try to build the perfect machine to fulfill my expectations.

I need 16 motorized faders, 48 rotary and 48 buttons, if possible assignable color lights on the buttons and the rotary.
I'm totally new in the building of my own machine but i got all the tools, a certain sense of logic, and people who knows more than me to help me.

I'll need this machine to product music in a simplified way in ableton live and also to do live music with the company of my homemade electronic drum.

I also need to built a 13 triggers to midi box for this drum but i think this is not really the good site maybe.

For the moment instead of this midi interface i'll just take a Behringer BCF 2000, but i need it to be really bigger and i also love the fact that i can build it myself, making just what i need to be perfect and not buying pre-made stuff that will never completely satisfy me.

I wanted to ask what i need for it.

Thanks by advance and pardon my english, i'm french...

Last edited by Koala; 10-09-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: I forget a 4 in"48 buttons"
Old 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM

Well i will first read all the explications and tutorials, i'll maybe reformulate my question after, it was really too large i presume..
Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 PM

Hi Koala, welcome to the forum.

It does sound like your project is large in scope. If you decide to do a DIY build, my advice, especially because you are new to the process, is to start vey small and add features from there. You will save yourself a lot of trouble by starting with a small subset of the features you'd like to have.