Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed

Go Back   Highly Liquid Forum > Discontinued Products > EZMIDI

Old 01-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Default Introducing the EZMIDI MIDI controller/encoder

The EZMIDI MIDI controller / MIDI encoder has 64 switch inputs, making it useful for button- or switch-based MIDI controllers or virtual organ console builds.

http://www.ezmidicontroller.com

No programming is required. Instead, the EZMIDI "learns" what messages to generate based on a simple process of sending regular note, CC, or program change commands to the board.
Attached Images

Last edited by John; 01-16-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:14 PM

Hey john,

Would it be possible to use this to send messages to the 64 switches instead of receiving?
Old 02-24-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricnotes View Post
Hey john,

Would it be possible to use this to send messages to the 64 switches instead of receiving?
Hi Ric, by "send messages to the switches", what do you mean?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:21 AM

I mean can you get midi input to open/close the switches? To control an organ for example?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:22 AM

are all 64 switches programable to both cc and pc messages individually? im using the elevenrack and a TC g major 2 want to use as a controller for both program changes to eleven rack and controll messages to eleven rack and g major 2. what about leds does this do that as well?
Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 AM

so can I custom program this to board to send a certain number of cc on one channel and a certain number of ps on that same channel but also program some of the switches to send ccs on a seperate channel?
Old 02-28-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricnotes View Post
I mean can you get midi input to open/close the switches? To control an organ for example?
No. The EZMIDI is only for generating MIDI output.

However, you can use the MIDIWidget to control an organ based on external MIDI input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoades View Post
are all 64 switches programable to both cc and pc messages individually? im using the elevenrack and a TC g major 2 want to use as a controller for both program changes to eleven rack and controll messages to eleven rack and g major 2.
Do you mean that each switch should send multiple messages? If so, you can accomplish this by attaching one switch to multiple EZMIDI intput terminals.

Quote:
what about leds does this do that as well?
The EZMIDI does not drive status LEDs for the switches. For that, you will need to use a MIDIWidget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoades View Post
so can I custom program this to board to send a certain number of cc on one channel and a certain number of ps on that same channel but also program some of the switches to send ccs on a seperate channel?
Yes. Each input terminal can be assigned a completely independent message type and MIDI channel. You can send a mixture of message types and channels from the same EZMIDI.

I'd be glad to clarify anything or answer more questions.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM

Default Example about how to use EZMIDI

Hi John,

It is impressive to find your EZMIDI product which can receive up to 60 sensors.
As I know just a little about the PC-board and wiring things. I am appreciate if you can give some examples about how to use this powerful controller.

Sincerely,
Hope.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 PM

Hi Hope,

Welcome to the forum. I'm currently working on revising the EZMIDI to make it as useful as possible. As a result, availability is limited.

Once I finalize the design, I hope to provide some more application examples. Thanks for your interest!