Highly Liquid Forum facebook twitter google plus rss feed
  #1  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Schvedt Schvedt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Red face schematic drawing software suggestions needed

hello everybody! I think I could use some help with my bass pedals controller. I'd like to share my wiring diagram... but I don't know how to make it without spending 10 hours in MS Paint I tried to google it but it's above me.. Can somebody please give me a link to wiring diagram software that literally everybody on this forum use so I could make a nice looking simple picture of what I intend to create? Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
John's Avatar
John John is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvedt View Post
hello everybody! I think I could use some help with my bass pedals controller. I'd like to share my wiring diagram... but I don't know how to make it without spending 10 hours in MS Paint I tried to google it but it's above me.. Can somebody please give me a link to wiring diagram software that literally everybody on this forum use so I could make a nice looking simple picture of what I intend to create? Thank you!
Hi Schvedt, welcome to the forum.

I have had trouble finding a convenient program with output that I like. So I have been using Corel Draw. :/

Other users have taken diagram images from the forum and then used simple copy-and-paste techniques to modify them. You might try that approach. There are so many bass pedal threads here that you are likely to find something very close to what you want.

If you are simply looking for feedback on your plan, you are welcome to post a list of MIDI CPU control terminals and describe the function of each.

Sorry for not having a better answer! Other possibilities:

- Eagle PCB schematic editor (has a learning curve)
- Inkscape

Maybe someone else on the forum will provide some ideas...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
John's Avatar
John John is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,007
Default

Schvedt,

I have moved this thread to the general electronics forum. I hope that some more ideas are added by the community.

When you are ready to discuss your bass pedal project, please create a new thread in the MIDI CPU forum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
ThomasJennings ThomasJennings is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
Default Circuit Software.

Hi, Schvedt,
You where looking for some easy to use circuit software.
I use DipTrace, it's free and easy to use.
I have made the CPU board as a component for the Diptrace Component Library, if you are interested.
http://www.diptrace.com
Tom.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Schvedt Schvedt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Default

thank you guys for answers, it helped
but I have another question. I can't send SysEX messages. I have both M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 and bass-guitar effects processor Boss GT-10B, they both have midi-out but they don't seem to work. Either that or I just can't see it working, there was no effect on MIDI CPU and no LED blinking. I tried to search for the answer on this forum but there was nothing specific about my issue like "this doesn't work and this does and this is how it's done: a, b, c...". And I am probably too stupid for 10-pages discussions because I can't understand all the technical terminology

Also, I tried to test my devices with Sqwerl, they didn't pass the test. What should I do? Should I get something like usb-2-midi device?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
John's Avatar
John John is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvedt View Post
thank you guys for answers, it helped
but I have another question. I can't send SysEX messages. I have both M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 and bass-guitar effects processor Boss GT-10B, they both have midi-out but they don't seem to work. Either that or I just can't see it working, there was no effect on MIDI CPU and no LED blinking. I tried to search for the answer on this forum but there was nothing specific about my issue like "this doesn't work and this does and this is how it's done: a, b, c...". And I am probably too stupid for 10-pages discussions because I can't understand all the technical terminology

Also, I tried to test my devices with Sqwerl, they didn't pass the test. What should I do? Should I get something like usb-2-midi device?
It could be that the devices you have don't support sysex output. It's apparently a very murky area of implementation for manufacturers, so it's not possible to say what the problem might be for every different MIDI device and operating system. But yes, you might have better luck with a different MIDI interface. You can find some specific models that are known to work in this thread:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=500
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Schvedt Schvedt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Default

great, M-Audio UNO midi interface worked! I have to solder last few wires and then I'll publish some pictures of what I've done Thank you, John, for such a nice little device and great support to newbies like me
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 PM
John's Avatar
John John is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvedt View Post
great, M-Audio UNO midi interface worked! I have to solder last few wires and then I'll publish some pictures of what I've done Thank you, John, for such a nice little device and great support to newbies like me
Can't wait to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
John's Avatar
John John is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,007
Default

I have moved Schvedt's unrelated MIDI CPU post here:

http://forum.highlyliquid.com/showthread.php?t=929
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.